Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
I have got the new feed store location and hours. They are still only open on Saturdays. I am going to get my Ivermectin tomorrow morning-hopefully they have syringes.
My big question is Can my Cat get the same mites?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Mites are said to be species specific. So your cat should be ok.

clotho

Cavy Slave
I got my syringes at a drugstore. One place charged me something like 33 cents for diabetic syringes that had the removeable needles (to draw the ivermectin out of the bottle). The pharmacy in our local Walmart gave me 1 mL syringes (no needles) for free. You could also ask at a vet's office.

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
ok well living in Hawaii where we have a horrible crystal meth problem. No one is willing to sell syringes. I ordered them on Ebay. 10 1cc for 5.00 so I guess the babies will have to wait a few more days. Its driving me nuts Puffy has a spot below her eye where the hair is falling out. I really want to get the medicine in all of them soon.
I smelled the ivermectin expecting it to smell bad, it actually smells good. It smells kind of like citrus.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.