Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Time to Replace Coroplast?

Solestes

Cavy Slave
I have had my C&C cage for about 2 years now, and i noticed the other day that the Coroplast doesnt look quite as well as it use too. The edges are chewed up from Rocky and the corners have collected dust that i cant get out. Do you think i should replace it? How often or if ever do you replace yours?

C&K

Cavy Slave
That is your decision to make, replacing it is probably more for you then the pigs.

The "dust" in the corner is probably a buildup of urine and maybe woodproduct that chemically bonded. I find an s0s pad or steel wool helps clean it out. I never taped my coroplast, so it just folds out for easy cleaning. If the sos does not work, you can always carefully take a straight edge razor blade to it, hold it at a 45 degree angle and you should be able to chip it off.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I've only replaced my tape before. When you take the tape off you can clean the bits in the corner easily. And if the edges are chewed up you could shave a cm off the sides to make it look newer.

Solestes

Cavy Slave
good ideas! i'll give that a try! thank you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.