Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

More room

wizzybum

Cavy Slave
hi people,
Ive just rehomed two male guineapigs and the cage is not that big.Has anyone added to the one they already had to give it another level.
I was woundering the best way to do it.
Can anyone give me some advice please!

LucyJane

Cavy Slave
What type of cage are you starting with? If you already have a CandC, say, 2 x 4, it's really easy to rearrange. You can just add more grids to one end to make it a 2 x 5 or 2 x 6, and if you don't want to recut the coroplast, just use packing tape to add more to the end of what you already have. If you are tight for space, add a second level. Look in the photo galleries for some great ideas.

How many pigs total do you have?

If you have a store cage, I suggest starting fresh with a CandC cage, and keep the store one handy for if you need to temporarily separate anyone, or for transporting to the vets and such.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
I agree with LucyJane, she gave you some great advice. It is really easy to add to a c&c cage. If you have one already , just add to it as suggested above, or if you will be building one the directions are on the home page of this site, it is really easy, and kind of fun too. Good luck!

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
I just made my cage 1x4 larger than it was. My next project is to add a 2x2 upper level.

What specifically did you want to know? I have done a lot of research and thinking about how to do this, but I am not sure what you are looking for!

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I've redone our C&C three times so far. We started with a 3x3, which I made into a 3x4, and then lated added an upper deck, which I've since enlarged. It's really easy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.