Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need help building addition

FranktheTank

Cavy Slave
I want to make 2 lofts in my cage and I can't figure out how to make a safe ramp in between the 2. I have about 7 grids left over to make a ramp and walls for the second story, the base of it is already made.

Feylin

Cavy Slave
Do you mean you want to make a bridge or a walk way? I think that if you made it an enclosed one, you should be fine.

I'm not sure how you'd support it- maybe with a thick dowel rod or L-brackets?

buttons

Cavy Slave
For my second layer I used 2 plastic dowels to support it.

May I advise that you should also ensure it with cable ties...just a suggestion, they are pretty cheap anyways.

For the ramp I bent 2 cubes into a U.
My first tries on bending cubes didn't work well, parts of the grid always broke, but I filed them and tied tape around to it's still safe.

I did however bend some perfect cubes, no broken grids, nothing.
All you do is step in the middle with your foot, and pull up on both sides with your hands. Easy - most of the time.

Anyways I cable - tied the two cubes together and put carpet on top.

There are many other ideas out there for ramps too, I got my inspiration from the picture gallery.

One picture I will not forget is the ramp someone made with little dollar store storage boxes, cuting the ends and cable tying them together. This is the address of a picture like what I mean:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8351

And this is MY cage, it is supported by plastic dowels obvisousily, and as you can see , my ramp is covered with carpet. Works great!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.