Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Costco cubes

Edenlynn

Cavy Slave
Today I went to two Costco's looking for the multi-colored cubes so I can make one of these lovely cages for my son's guinea pig. All I could find at either Costco were cubes that are chrome. They are the same brand pictured on the main site. (They are also very heavy!) Will the piggie chew on the chrome? Is it safe to use? Can I safely assume that these chrome-covered cubes are made of the same material as the multi-colored cubes and are therefore safe, or should I return the cubes?

Oddly, I had no trouble at all buying coroplast. Just checked the "where to find..." link, called a company that was in my area, and now I have a lovely sheet of yellow coroplast just waiting to be turned into a nice new (and spacious!) cage.

TIA!

Last edited:

Edenlynn

Cavy Slave
Well, I have just finished building the C&C cage. Looks great! Now I have to go get more bedding as I don't have enough, and will put my son's piggie in his new home very soon.

Do I need to worry about the chrome-finished cubes?

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
no I have seen alot of people use the chrom color cubes. I have the black ones and they work great.

tuggles

Cavy Slave
we have chrome, and my pigs chew on them, and nothing comes of it.. it's fine.

liluqt

Cavy Slave
I have the chrome ones from Costco.. they're fine.

Edenlynn

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the reassurances! Squeakers (my son named him) is now in his new C&C cage and doesn't quite know what to do with himself with all the newfound space! Room to move and run, wow, what a concept for him. Thank goodness for this site! :-D

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
That's great that you made a cage! How big is it? Are you looking to get a buddy for piggy?

Edenlynn

Cavy Slave
I'd love to get a companion for Squeakers. That's part of the reason why I built the C&C cage, to have the necessary space. It will depend on two things, though:

1. My son actually taking good care of Squeakers. Having the nice big open cage should help with that.

2. My son's dad agreeing! (There's only so much I can do about that.... LOL!)

liluqt

Cavy Slave
Just knock your son's dad over the head until he's unconscious and smuggle the pig in. He won't have a choice, but to fall in love with the new piggies face :)

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

endzie

Cavy Slave
Costco has the best deal on cubes! I dont think that should be hazardous problem.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.