Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Little Cage

ilovebabe

Cavy Slave
Is it ok that my cavy has a little cage or is it bad i am getting him a friend tomorrow!

It is bad to keep him in a little cage, especially because he will have a friend! Can you tell us the dimensions please

ok well its a bin and my moms friend had him a gave him to me for my b-day and she gave me his bin the top has been cut off and has wire to give hiim air is that ok?

do you want be to take a pic of it?

well i have to cages and i wil go take some pics of them brb

look in my gallery

Dosen't sound good enough at all. Venilation, ect. Can't you just make a cc cage?

C & C cages are cheap and easy to make. It's a little effort, but you're pigs will be happier and much more entertaining to watch too. You can get your mom to help too. Just imagine that you had to spend all your time in a walk-in closet and you will understand why bigger is better as far as cages go. ;) Good luck with your new pig!

ok thank you!

i wanna make a cage but my mom said i cant

1) That cage is absolutely tiny, and you cannot get a friend otherwise there will be no space to breathe!

2) Whats that pink thing (looks like a pink carrot)

3) Which pellets do you feed him?

Thanks for uploading the pics so quickly!

Smaller cages used to be very normal so your mom is probably thinking a small cage is just fine. In fact, many guinea pig books used to recommend small cages. But the key is to figure out *why* she doesn't want a bigger cage. Cost? Too much work? Not enough space? Maybe she thinks it will be hard to make and cost several hundred dollars. So it might take some convincing or offers to pay for the materials on your part. You can show her the recommended sizes at https://www.guineapigcages.com/ and have her read the explanations as to why a bigger cage is better. And show her the pictures of C&C cages so she understands how many happy guinea pigs are living. Good luck!

thats the biger cage the smaller one is in my room thank you for your help the pink thang is a wood i got from the pet store

I feed him keytee

ok thank you bye!

if you have any replys send them to me in a (broken link removed)

thank you so much!

just make a 2x3 or a 2x4 and one sheet of coroplast that can be found in Kinkos or sign store. Kinkos sells them cheaper. it will only cost you about 25 to 30 bucks. at target one box of cubes you can get for 14.99 unless they are on sale for 11.00 dollars. good luck convincing your mom so you can do this and get a friend too.

Anyone who sells Corplast for more than $10.00 a sheet is trying to make money off of you. Corplast should not cost more than $10.00 bucks a sheet anywhere. Not here in the mid-atlantic area anyhow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.