Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay room.

Kerry

Cavy Slave
Ok so I've decided I do want a hay room to help keep hay from spreading everywhere. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make a divider that I can flip up to make cleaning easy? I have a 2x6 for 2 piggies so I was thinking of making a 1x2 at one end for the hay. It's a covered cage using shelving to make a lid that I can flip right up off the cage for ease of cleaning but I did put a 1x2 roof on each end to help support the lid. I think I can take that out though as when I put in the lid support (bent grid) in the middle it took all pressure off the sides. Not sure I'm describing it right. I'll try to take some pics during naptime. Anyway do you guys think I could just make a divider out of coroplast zip-tied to the top grids and secured at the sides with clips so I can unclip and flip it up and out of the way when I want to clean? Or maybe I could just clip the whole wall in so I can take the whole thing out for cleaning? Or is there a better/easier way? I'd have to buy the coroplast, I have spare grids but since they're heavier and I can't easily cut an opening in one, I thought coroplast would be better.

Anyway, any ideas/advice would be appreciated! Hope this made sense! It did in my head! LoL

Newpiggiemom

Cavy Slave
I used a plastic storage bin that fit into the coroplast as a hay room. That way it can slide in and out and keeps the hay contained.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.