Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Roof bends a little

urockstar

Cavy Slave
I've noticed since having my C&C cage for over a week now, the roof of it seems to bend down in the middle a bit.

day2_008.jpg

I have a 2x5 ... so for the roof it's kind of like...

I_I_I_I_I_I
I_I I_I

if that makes any sense, that's how the grids for the roof are, and then in that middle section i have a fairly heavy metal shelving piece. Everything is connected by zip ties, and I used a LOT of them. Everytime I lift up the shelving it seems to put pressure on the middle of the grids... the ones that aren't supported really except for the sides and backs. Doesn't really seem like there's anything that could fix this unless I use support beams.

I've seen support beams in some pics in the photo gallery, but I don't know what they are... plastic? Is it like plastic 15" tubing? I don't really understand how to keep the beams in place... seems like if the pigs bumped into them they could end up falling over...

Any suggestions? Should I just get a few dozen more zip ties for the roof, just for added safety? Even though the roof is bending a little bit, the zip ties all still seem firmly in place.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
You can use pvc pipe, wooden dowels, broomsticks, grids or anything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.