Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Long time lurker

fuzzworth

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone,

My name is Laura and I have been a long time lurker of this site/forum. I am a married mother of 2 wonderful kids. I will be bringing two Guinea Pigs and a Bunny home when I finish their cages. I am pretty well versed in Bunny care as well as Guinea pig needs as I have grown up with both and have done a fair amount of research along the years. I am So excited to have Bunnys and Guinea Pigs back in my life.

I have a mini zoo in my life as well including two Draft horses, two Great Danes, and two cats. I have been a foster for Great Dane rescue and look forward to participating in the forum.

Cheers!
Laura

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome! We are so happy to have you here!!lol

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Welcome. I love great Danes, always wanted one. But I have a 3 yr old son and the rescue here won't let us adopt until he is 8. Would love to see pics of all your babies, there is a thread here somewhere about all of our other pets, and pics of other pets.

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome!

I would love to see some pictures of your mini zoo. My house is also a mini zoo, not quite as big as yours. No horses here. LOL

fuzzworth

Cavy Slave
Well, I thought I would update everyone. I was surfing craigslist and came across 2 Christmas throw away pigs. So later on tonight I will be picking them up and bringing them home. From the photo they look to be housed in a small pet store cage on Carefresh that hasn't been cleaned in a while. One male looks like a tri-colored Crested and the other is a tan and white American. Both males, I am super excited.

P.s. What in the world is wrong with those carrots?!

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
They are very handsome boys. The carrots look moldy, where the bites were taken out, and it was moist, it looks as though mold is growing, but I am not sure. It could also be shavings stuck to it, but it looks more white than shavings, whatever it is, it is gross, poor boys. I am glad you are going to get them. Good Luck!

Toadies

Cavy Slave
They are gorgeous!!! Even though their cage is less than respectable, their coats look good. It's a good thing that they're going home with you. Give them hugs and kisses for me.

fuzzworth

Cavy Slave
Well,
They came home last night! They are products of a divorced home fight for the kids love type of situation. The mother got the daughter pigs without asking father and no education no asking just here take these. To the fathers credit he got online and started reading about them and realized they needed something better, and they could not provide it. They had them about 3 weeks, so I am assuming these little guys are pet store purchased before.

They are EXTREMELY skittish and scared of people and very vocal. Its going to be a long road getting them to the point where they are happy with people.

While looking around for toys and chews and such online i visited Craigslist again and there is a free male pig, so my husband called. We might be building room for a 3rd!

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
You're a big softy. But that makes for very lucky piggies! Good luck with them all. The two pictured are very adorable.

fuzzworth

Cavy Slave
So, We ended up bringing this 3rd boy home....He is a silkie I believe which is currently cut short. He was with a female pig in a hampster type cage, complete with "exercise balls". No wonder he wasn't getting along with his cage mate! I did a brief introduction with the other 2 boys and this resulted very angry pig noises. Anyone want to share some tips on pig introductions? Hes a lot more social than the other 2 since he lived with 4r kids in the house. Something sad I noticed about all 3 pigs is that they have zero clue that fresh veggies and hay are food!

Liann

Cavy Slave
That tri-color piggy is gorgeous! Have you come up with names yet? Good luck with the third boy. I'm sure the more seasoned pig owners will have some advice for you. I had two male piggies when I was younger that never got along unfortunately. I ended up housing them separately in cages right next to each other. Did you introduce them on neutral ground? I've been told that is very important.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.