Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other hedgies!

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Hello,
My friend has four hedgehogs [and two cavies] and I now that my sewing machine is back in working order I have sewn enough hammocks to last me til next winter :p
So my question is do hedgies like hammocks? And can they have hammocks that are made of flannel? I'll be double-stitching theirs to be sure that there are no threads for their tiny feet to get caught on. I also have some left over fleece and terrycloth, do hedgies do well with fleece bedding? Right now my friend uses puppy pads but they're mighty expensive.

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

Hedgies aren't good with climbing (well most aren't and if they can, it's often dangerous), so most crafty people will sew hedgie bags instead... think human sleeping bag, but 6x9 or so inches... most will make a 2 or more layer bag; fleece inside and cotton or denim outside - depending on weather.

Hope this helps,

~Lydia

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the reply.. I do sew hedgie bags, I just thought hammocks may be cute if they liked them :)

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Hi Thief - Gotcha! Didn't realize you were already doing the hedgie bags. Hammocks would be very cute, but likely never used as most hedgies prefer to curls up somewhere warm and dark to sleep. I've seen fleece pigloo covers though, and they're very cute also!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.