Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How big should I upgrade my cage to?

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I currently have 4 male piggies and we just expanded their cage to a 3x6 c&c cage. Our last boy came from a rescue and I would love to adopt another rescue pig. I just found someone who has 3 boys within driving distance to me. I was thinking of adopting just 1, but then I started thinking about the other 2 not being picked and it made me sad. I'm a big softie.:heart: Therefore I am considering adopting all 3 of them. So, I would like any advice or opinions on how large it would need to be for 7 boys in total. Also, I would love to hear from anyone that has that large a herd in one cage. I appreciate any feedback at all!

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
7 boys will need a 2x9 or the equivalent of it - that is the bare minimum. Bigger is always better, so make it as big as you possibly can.

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Isn't a 3x6 the same Sq Ft as a 2x9?

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Yes they are both 18 grids of floor space so the cage you currently have "should" be enough, but if you can go bigger, do it. Make the ground level of the cage as big as you possibly can.

I have a 3x8 with 4 boys and I can't imagine it with 7. It seems like with the 4 hideys there just isn't that much room left for them to run around. So by the time you put 7 hideys in, there won't be any floor left.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.