Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Very 1st cavy!!!!

Gem74

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to do a quick intro. We just picked up our very first cavy this weekend. Found her on craigslist, the kids had lost interest and mom was not going to take care of it. I could tell from the moment I walked in that this family had not done their research and the piggy had been just another "thing" in the home. A wire cage 12x20, wire grate(resembled a bird cage) cedar shavings, food in a bird seed cup. I am hoping that at one time they cared for her, whom they said that it definetly was a male, but I think that she has been in this cage for 2 years, so sad!!!
We have been looking for the "right one" for months and my daughter decided that she was it!! I will post my pics soon and I am sure that I will be posting questions. If all goes well we will be looking for "Lizzy" a room mate soon!!

Anyone who wants to offer any tips on transition, feel free!!

Thanks!

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Congrats on finding a piggy

and that piggy is lucky to find someone that is more informed on what he/she actually needs

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned it was a female, but they insisted it was a male. So did you look at the genitalia and realize it was actually a female?

cs275

Cavy Slave
Congrats! That is so great you could rescue from such a "situation". Good luck.

babybunny

Cavy Slave
Aw thats so sad. I am glad she has a new home now!

Gem74

Cavy Slave
yes, there are ZERO boy parts LOL also her opening is shaped like a "y" boys are an "i", so they say on sexing piggies

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.