Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to pigs and this forum

bubblesburst80

Cavy Slave
I'm Karen and came into the world of guinea pigs a little under 2 weeks ago when my step daughters mother announced she couldn't keep their pigs any longer and could we take them.
A couple of hours later Harry Jake came home, they are currently in a store bought cage which is about 2x3/4 grids in size, just looking at it i know it's too small but that doesn't stop them popcorning all over kicking out bedding and making a mess!
We are in the process of organising space for a bigger home for them but make sure they get plenty of floor time everyday.

I will be posting photos of them soon I hope

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning more about my guinea pigs

Karen

xXx

mbator

Cavy Slave
I am new at this too. I received two guinea pigs back in October, sadly I just had to have one put down by my vet due to pneumonia. I thought my poor Brutus had the hiccups, he had no congestion, the only sign I noticed after a little while was he was not eating or drinking and looked like he lost weight, I ran him over to the vet and he said it was kinder to put him down than to try and save him at only a 40% survival rate. He was only 9 months old. I have two younger ones that I got for Christmas and so now I am down to the three but I think Copper who is older is sad about his buddy being gone.

bubblesburst80

Cavy Slave
Sorry you had to have one of your pigs put down, I can't believe how quickly they grow on you. I hope the 3 you have are all happy and healthy.

xXx

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Hi Karen!

Welcome to GPC. You'll be able to find so much information here for the proper care/feeding/housing of your new piggies.

Make sure to go into each forum and read all of the stickies at the top of each one. You'll find some great stuff (including the diet/nutrition chart to print so you'll have it on hand).

Can't wait to see pigtures of Harry and Jake. I'll bet they're just cutie-pies (of course, what piggy isn't?!?). :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.