Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finished cage

urockstar

Cavy Slave
NEW_CAGE_0011.jpg

That was before getting the fleece, toys, and pigs in.

NEW_CAGE_005.jpg

And that's the finished product! I want to get a new fleece from a craft store though... the throw blanket I am using really doesn't seem to be doing its job.

Bean went NUTS when she first got in the cage. Couldn't stop running around in huge circles. She probably never felt anything as soft in her life. It was too cute. :)

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new cage! It looks great! They really seem to like it.

babybunny

Cavy Slave
Aw thats nice, congrats!

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
Your cage looks really good! I'm sure they love it. Just a warning, a C&C cage is never finished! You will find yourself wondering what else you can do with it all of the time. I thought I was finished too, but my cage and pigs have become like a hobby and I make new hay racks, toys, hideys...it is a fun and rewarding never ending process. :)

urockstar

Cavy Slave
Naturegal, I now totally know what you mean! At first the cage seemed so big, but now that I have two pigloos and of course now a baby pig with my two girls, 2x5 doesn't seem all that big anymore. However, wow, just looking at that commercial cage I had Marley and Bean in before setting up the c&c cage looks like torture. I can't believe I had them in there for even those few weeks.

I don't have space for another grid lengthwise on the futon, but i think it would fit just perfectly to have one more grid for width. So I think in a month or so I might be expanding to a 3x5. I still have enough grids leftover to do exactly this! :)

Astrantia

Cavy Slave
Very nice. Lots of running space! Well done :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.