Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Tube ramp question

LucyJane

Cavy Slave
I am planning another addition to the cage, and I was thinking of using a tube as a ramp. My boys are still pretty young, and I don't want to have to increase the tube size if they outgrow it. Does anyone know what would be a safe diameter of tube that I should get for full grown males? The tube would be cut in half when it was inside the cage, but it will have to be whole when it extrudes through the top of one level before it connects to the next. I would like it to be clear (with stair tape for traction on the bottom) so that I can see the piggers at all times. does anyone know where I might find a clear tube like this? Have you ever seen one in a plumbing supply or building supply? Thanks in advance.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You could use the black gutter drain tube things, they arent clear but would be easier to find and you could always cut it in half so that its like a C shape, they also have built in slots that would make them easy to walk up. I have a 4" diameter PVC pipe tube and one of my full grown males (Chewie) cant fit through it well, he gets stuck in the middle. He is a really big pig though, he weighed 3 ibs 9 oz last time I checked. Here a picture of the tubing that I'm talking about.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/9215

LucyJane

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I've seen those in Home Depot. Do you put anything in there as a floor, or just leave it as is? I've also seen what looks like large hamster tubes, maybe for ferrets? Looking at the pictures, I'm not sure they would be wide enough for a chubby piggie.
Is that Chewie in your avatar? How cute! I hope my next pigger has the crazy hair.
Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.