Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

*waves*

piggymommy

Cavy Slave
Hi all!

My name is Rachael/21/San Jose, CA, and my hubby and I just brought home our first piggy, Sophia, or "Bed Head" as she's affectionately known because of her spiky tufts & mohawks. We brought her home from the pet store (yes, I know, I'm hitting myself in the head now that I've found all the good info on this site!!!) a couple days ago and moved her from her pet store size cage to an at-home cube & fleece 2-story open cage (bottom is 3x5, top is 3x1) yesterday evening.

She's still a little on the lonely side and definitely adjusting, but she had a blast with hubs & I this evening (night #3 at home) when one or the other of us sat in the cage with her. She still needs some hand feeding to get her going--she won't eat much when you set the fresh stuff in front of her, but when you hold her or get in the cage with her to help her out, then she figures it out she's gravy till the next feeding.

We've only had her 3 days, but we're already looking into adopting/rescuing #2 and maybe #3 so that Bed Head can have some friends to play with. We got lucky and we have the room and supplies to take the bottom level from 3x5 out to at least a 3x8! :)

The pet store (groan) said she was about 5-6 months old, but her weight (18 oz), seems to put her a little younger, more like 3-4 months. Any opinions or thoughts on that matter??:confused:

Looking forward to getting even more information and sharing some pictures once I get my new fleecies sewn up for the cage! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.