Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Would this be safe/okay?

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Right now my cage is a L shaped 2x8 and I want to add onto it...
I have basically only 2 spots that I could extend it at, one of which is in front of a window and HV/AC vent, would this be okay. The window is always closed and it has miniblinds and I keep it covered by the blanket. And the cage that would go over it would be on the stand too...would it be okay to put the cage over top of the vent and in front of the window? Here is a pic of the area if it helps.
piggycage001.jpg

Ally has U's

Cavy Slave
Consider those vents don't blow air straight up but rather to the sides I think it will be fine to put the cage over top of it.

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Seeing as you have the cage raised off the floor by one cube and the bottom is chloroplast, it should be fine. The problem is when things are more directly on top of them. Not that I know too much about it, despite my dad having a whole lecture about 'air flow' and other foolishness. He would never let me close my bedroom door since the thermostat was in there.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The bottom of my cage isnt actually coroplast, its just plastic-like the plastic you lay down to paint. I think I'm gonna go ahead and expand it...I'm gonna check with my dad first though so that I wont get it finished and then have him come and flip out over the vent having something over it (I can see him doing that) My room has another vent though and my bathroom (attached to my room) also has one, so I dont see why it would matter. My room is always the warmest room in the house anyway.

PhoenixFeather

Cavy Slave
My room has another vent though and my bathroom (attached to my room) also has one, so I dont see why it would matter. My room is always the warmest room in the house anyway.

With your dad's permission, then, you might be able to close off the vent in question.

Good luck with it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.