Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Eating Coroplast

Katie_bug

Cavy Slave
My pigs have made it their personal mission to see how much coroplast they can eat lately. I've gotten larger pieces of fleece so that I can clip it to the tops of the sides of the coroplast to cover it. It gets to be a bit of a hassle to clean the cage this way though, so I was wondering if anybody has a better way of keeping them away from it. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
One of mine has taken to nibbling the edges of the coroplast also. I plan on redoing the cage next week when I get to do the intros and I plan on putting those report cover spines over the edges. I found them online for $20 for a hundred but I need to run over to the office supply store down the road and see if they have them there.

This is what I am talking about. Report Cover Spine

s_anthony

Cavy Slave
If I remember right, I used to use those report cover things when I made wire rabbit cages years ago...

I found a spool of plastic car door protector stuff (the things you put around the edge of your car doors so they don't ding another cars paint) that was hard plastic, and not painted with something that would flake.. maybe you could find something similar ? It's a U shaped plastic like the protectors so they would slide on (not the sticky stuff).

Katie_bug

Cavy Slave
I've tried the report cover sliders in the past, but they would pop off a lot. That's a really good idea about the car door protectors! I'll have to look for some! Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.