Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My piggy had a whole night of floor time!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Accidentally of course. I made a ramp to go down from her cage to the rest of my room where her floor time is and just had a temporary grid preventing her from going down. Well being a smart little piggy, and the grid being not the best thing to stop her from escaping, she pushes the grid until she has just enough room to squeeze past it and then down to freedom! I wasn't really worried in the morning when I found her cage empty, because my room is piggy proof, it's just that she got under my bed (there's usually grids blocking it) and she probably peed under there, and there's poos I won't be able to get to. :melodrama

Also she could have gone back up into her cage whenever she felt like it because there's a ramp there, but when I woke up she was still under my bed. I can only imagine what a fun night she's had. Hours of exploring! It was just funny because I could have sworn I heard little scurrying and chewing in my dream- low and behold, it was my little escape artist, not just a mouse or guinea pig in my dream! lol

Now I have a brick against the grid, but I do want to get something better to block my bed besides grids- she can still nudge them out of her way.... I was thinking maybe like a long draft stopper that is for under a door and connecting a couple?? What do you use?

pignewton

Cavy Slave
I use long pieces of coroplast (about 10 inches high) anchored with books to block doorways, etc.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
Lucky for me nothing can get under my bed even if they tried. But when I had a bed where they could I used grids, plastic bed bins, anything tall and long enough.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Bet she had a blast...I dont let my pigs under my bed, I blocked it off with grids and shelving.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.