Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How many grids?

Daphne

Cavy Slave
What would you say is the number of grids you should use to make a big cage for 3 guinea pig sows? Any guesstimates? :love:

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'd say 16 or more...it all depends on what size cage you make (in grids) a 2x6 is the preferred for 3 pigs and it needs 16 grids. But its always best for it to be bigger.

Daphne

Cavy Slave
My boyfriend bought me 2 HUGE folding tables that are 30x72! I'm going to put them together and it's going to be a HUGE cage for my girls!!!! Can't wait!

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I just finished building a cage for my two boys (thinking of adding a 3rd). The cage is 4x3 grids (on the main floor) with a second (1x4+1x2) L-shaped level, and a (1x2) mini-loft. I bought 2 boxes of grids. I used 2 grids for the ramp to the second level, and when the whole thing was done, I had a single grid left over (which became a hidey-house). This thing is HUGE (too big for a table-- we had to put it on the floor), and if you count the shower-curtain we lined it with (no one around here seems to have coroplast) and the zillion cable ties we used to put it together, it still cost me less than $40. We're planning to build one for our ferrets and possibly our chinchillas as well.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.