Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just adopted two girls

blairie

Cavy Slave
I live in Southern Calif. and I've had two male guinea pigs for two months, and adopted two females today.

I came across a photo of them at a local shelter on Petfinder, while I was trying to convince my boss to adopt a rescue/shelter pig for his grandchildren instead of buying one. I didn't win that battle, but at least he got two and I'm planning on gifting them a c&c cage in the near future.

We're thinking of naming the girls I adopted from the shelter (for free) today Sassy & Spunky or Princess & Peach.

Here's their link on petfinder: (broken link removed)

The lighter colored one is really, really soft and silky.

They're in a small 1x2 c&c cage for the weekend in quarantine, and then we'll build a larger c&c cage on Monday when the sign shop opens again. I'm thinking about giving them the boys' cage after a thorough cleaning (it's a 2x3- two story) and building the boys a larger cage.

For good measure, here's a link to a photo of the boys (Sonny & Shadow):

(broken link removed)

deathnotronic

Cavy Slave
Your boys are going to be pining for those girls like crazy!

socal805

Cavy Slave
Oh I am so glad you adopted those two, I browse the socal area shelter websites and had seen those two listed. What little cuties, I am sure they will be wheeking in delight with their new home!

Pennyspiggies

Cavy Slave
Congratulations! They are adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.