Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stitchless Sewing

valeriee123

Cavy Slave
Hello! I'm getting ready to adopt some pigs and I want to get everything ready for them. I wanted to make them some cuddle cups and cozies, but I'm horrible with a needle and thread and I have no idea how to use my mom's sewing machine. So I went to KMart today to look for a small handheld sewing machine, but I ended up buying a small tube bottle of "Sew No More" Stichless Sewing. It's a clear, permanant, fabric glue and it seems pretty good. It can be easily removed with water when it's still wet, which is a good thing. But after it dries its really strong. You can wash your fabric as many times as you want and the bond will still stay strong. Its 100% non-toxic and non-flammable and it was only $4 so I decided to get it. I can't wait to start making cozies and cuddle cups!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Sounds pretty cool. It has to be pretty durable to be able to withstand multiple washings. I wish I would have thought of using something like that before I started my cuddle cup, with sewing. Because I have very little experience, it's taking me probably three times as long as everyone else who made it to finish. I'm going to get someone else to help me. So far it's looking pretty good, and the instructions are easy to follow, it's just the whole sewing part that I have trouble with. And the fact, that I get frustrated kind of easily. :eek: Anyway let us know how it goes for you and if the stuff really does work.

4piggies4us

Cavy Slave
I used that stuff before I learned to sew. Just keep in mind you must always wash it in cold water, it doesn't say this on the bottle but it does come loose in warm water and reattach to other pieces of fabric. So just be careful.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
Having just glued ric rac on the arms and hem of my daughters angel costume, rather than pay a lot for silver thread that would match (drat my perfectionist thing there!), I would say that sewing is by far much easier, quicker and less mess involved!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.