Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Problems.

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
Hey all,

I finaly build my verry own cubes cage. I've had it for over three weeks now and have begun to find some problems. A. My closet isn't wide enough for two panels so I had to cut back a couple of squares. B. Cat boxs aren't long enough. and C. I am geting a second male sunday for my jiggy but i can't go wide or long so is it alright to just go higher? I know about the ramp thing..:sigh:

So I need some help. I can't find cholorplast that can be delivered so I can't make a seperate area with it for a neat little hay place. what is a good idea on making a 1x2 sized hay area? Cat pans aren't big enough. :(

Also! Would three 2x3's be alright for two males if they get along? I'm trying to figure out how to possible make the cage 2x4 on the bottom but I dault it will work. I am going to get a third box of cubes to make the third level and maybe make a level on my dresser with a chloroplast bottom if i can find some.

Asria

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
Why do you need the coroplast to be delivered? If it is a space issue in a car it rolls up nicely and you can use duct tape to keep it in a roll until you get home. I ordered mine from a local sign shop. I don't have 2 males I have females but from what I have heard bigger is better for boys! They need more room I would really try to go bigger on the lower level. The upper levels are great though. I hope everything works out for you. Plastic storage containers work well, I have seen them in a 9x13 for cakes. You can also use cardboard boxes but they will need to be changed frequently.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.