Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

does anyone have a piggy for adoption in WA

cavy_lady

Cavy Slave
what im really looking for is a lil piggy that has long hair, i live in Redmond WA.
If you have a baby one that would be cool, it would be my first pig im so happy and cant wait till i get one "oh boy" I keep on telling my mom. i have already figured out the cost and stuff but I really cant wait ok well i have to go before I die of being to happy at one time.
-Shyan

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
You will want to adopt two cavies seeing as they are social animals. And a piggy should always have a same sex or neutered/spayed cage mate.
I live in Oregon and currently have two male piggies for adoption, but thats a bit far for you to drive (or your parents) although some people really go out of their way to pick up cavies. They are both young, 1 male is 6.5 weeks old, the other is 8 weeks old. They are not long haired.
See the links below to search for a pair of cavies near you.
(broken link removed)
www.petfinder.com
www.craigslist.org

Good luck and I hope you find some great piggies.

Last edited:

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I agree, you'll need to get two (see www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm).

Also, I hope you know all about their nutrition? Unlimited hay, Cavy Performance/Cuisine pellets, fresh veggies daily, etc.

You should also have a cage (or two, if they're from seperate locations, for quarantine) ready when they get there.

These animals are more work than a cat or dog, so I hope you're ready for that commitment. Good luck, and see cinn's links. =)

cavy_lady

Cavy Slave
so if i get one and then save up my mony for another one will the first one be ok untill i got the other one?

and im reading alot about the piggies,

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
If you adopt you usually only have to pay for the first one and donate for any other pigs you get.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That depends, dagwell. Some won't adopt out if it's only one, but they may if they know you're getting a second.

If you don't have money for a second, how are you going to take care of them? Just wondering.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
She might just not have the money at the moment but it is better to adopt a bonded pair i guess it wouldnt cost more would it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.