PDA

View Full Version : looking for a home in OK area

willy5
11-24-04, 09:50 am
I have 2 piggies i have to get rid of.. is there anyone in the OK area??

tashagurl
11-24-04, 11:23 am
Why do you have to 'get rid' of them?

rabbitsncavyluv
11-24-04, 11:46 am
And why do you have to put it like that? They're living breathing animals.

cinn&sprinslave
11-24-04, 02:06 pm
Put them for adoption on www.petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com/) in the classified section.
And www.cavyrescue.com (http://www.cavyrescue.com/)
Some people just use that term, even my parents do, I may not agree with it but thats just what some people say. Basically Willy5 has to give them up (find a good home for them), is what he/she means, lets not lecture him/her about how it was worded.

I hope you find good homes for them Willy5!! Good luck!

willy5
11-24-04, 10:50 pm
I'm sorry if I worded it wrong or offended anyone.. I didnt mean it that way.. I love my Piggies but just moved to a new house and alot is going on here and having some problems and I dont feel I am giving them what they so desperatly need and want right now and just thought if I could find them a good home with someone who was looking for 2 great Piggies.. We both could be winners!! Once again.. I'm very sorry for how I worded my request.... thanks!!

mncavylover
11-25-04, 03:11 pm
It's ok, I'm sure you want the best for them.

Post on petfinder, cavyrescue.com, and there should be some humane societies in your area as well. Hope that they find a great home soon!

Dinochick
12-03-04, 12:28 am
Where do you live in Oklahoma? How far are you willing to travel? How many pigs do you have? Male or female?

willy5
12-05-04, 05:08 pm
I live in Lawton/ Ft. Sill OK.. I have 2 female piggies.....

Dinochick
12-05-04, 05:23 pm
I live in Lawton/ Ft. Sill OK.. I have 2 female piggies.....
Ok. I have a male and I am looking for another male. I will ask around to some people I know in that area to see if anyone is interested. Have you thought about seeing if a local school or childerns home (*Gasp* I know some of you dissagree with this sort of living environment, but they are not all bad)?

mncavylover
12-05-04, 06:48 pm
They're not all bad, eh? Ok then. What about weekends, nights, etc.? How will they be cared for then?

Sorry, I don't really want to start an argument, I just feel strongly about this.

Dinochick
12-05-04, 09:37 pm
They're not all bad, eh? Ok then. What about weekends, nights, etc.? How will they be cared for then?

Sorry, I don't really want to start an argument, I just feel strongly about this.
I know that some of you do and I am not trying to start and argument, but rather trying to find a home for her piggys.

If it were a school, I know of several teachers int he schools I have worked in that take their pigs home on the weekends, and theya re very well loved and very happy.

As for if they are in a childrens home they are never alone, the children and some adults are always there and it would be a wonderful chance for children with out a home to have a pet and learn how to properly take care of animals. Why always look at the bad side of things, there could be some good in there also.

mncavylover
12-06-04, 09:21 pm
I agree that it's better than some things, but it's not the greatest.

jennz11
12-07-04, 08:40 pm
No, piggies need attention and proper care, i don't think a school or childrens home is the best place, they probably dont know how to care properly for gps. The children
could neglect them possibly and the loud noise in a children's home or school can probably be stressful for the piggies.

but it wasnt a bad suggestion and it might work. I dont know all the pros and cons.