Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

what size water bottle for 2?

tuggles

Cavy Slave
My husband and I have been doing research,and this site has helped lots. I've started making the c and c cage (waiting for the color of coroplast I've ordered) and we are getting ourselves our early xmas presant to each-other, PIGGIES!

I went out and bought lots of essentials, and I bought 2 small to medium water bottles, figuring they could each have their own. I'm asuming they wont assign themselves their own bottle, but what do i do? Should I buy 1 BIG bottle, or keep w/ the 2 medium ones?

Mayve this question is really trivial, but I dont want to waste the 2 if they will drink it all in no time.

thanks, amy

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
It should be fine with the medium ones. In fact, it may be better because you'll refill it more, thus keeping it fresher. =)

tuggles

Cavy Slave
thank you for the quick response....

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
No problem! I'm here to help. =)

liluqt

Cavy Slave
Each of my pigs has their own bottle.. two of them have a 4 oz bottle and one has an 8oz bottle that automatically came with him when we adopted him. Personally I like having the small bottles because my pigs don't have to wait in line to get drinks. I've seen pet stores where there's on huge bottle with 4 babies waiting in line because there was an aggressive older piggie who took a good swipe at them when they tried to get a sip. Occasionally one of my own pigs will have a territorial moment and claim a certain bottle as his.. leaving the other pig to find the other bottle. But for the most part, it's worked great. It also forces me to refill their bottles daily and clean it to ensure freshness. But it's all a matter of preference. Nothing to fret over :)

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
That small of a bottle? Wow, a 4 oz is small? I have 32 oz's and 16 oz. bottles.

liluqt

Cavy Slave
The 4 oz bottle seems to be perfect for them. They never drink more than 4 oz in a single day, but they'll drink pretty darn close to it. I always change their water daily anyways so it's fine :) If the 4 oz runs out, there's a backup 8 oz bottle in the cage too. It's just that my little pig designated the 4oz bottle as his and the big pig did the same.

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
i have 4 in my cage! i use the 32 and 16 oz sizes. my piggies drain out at least half of each bottle everyday.

i dont think it really matters how many bottles you have, just make sure they are always filled and never empty.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.