Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggy Owner

Tinkr4147

Cavy Slave
Hello Everyone!
I have adopted a guinea pig for the first time about a week ago and so far it is going great! I adopted her from someone whose daughter lost interest in her. Her name is Gidget and she loves her veggies. I do have a few questions. I know that it is better to have another guinea pig, but I am worried about how introductions would go with Gidget since she has never had a buddy. I also want to know what size C&C Cage to get because right now she is in a three story ferret cage that is not that big. But, she loves her floor time and will popcorn all over the living room! lol I am going to go from aspen to fleece, since she has such a good reaction to the carpet I let her run around on. Sorry for all the questions! :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
As far as never having had a buddy before, I wouldn't worry about that. My first pig, Percy was 10 months old when I got him, and I had him for over a year after that before he had a buddy. Now he is neutered and lives with 2 lovely young ladies (who want nothing to do with him most of the time). They were all playing follow the leader through a grass tunnel this morning.

If you are thinking about adopting only 1 other pig, I would recommend a 2X4 C&C cage, but the bigger the better. If you go bigger, you would have room for more pigs later down the road.

Good luck with your new family member. Please take some time to peruse the forum to find a plethora of good advice, helpful information, and lots of anecdotes. You may want to start with a sticky thread at the top of the Introductions section labeled for Newbies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.