Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need toy ideas

Lucy Topanga

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!
I have two female guinea pigs and they have a C&C cage. Currently i have lots of bells and bird type wooden topys hanging from their cage. I also put in cardboard tunnels, towls tents, and plastic tunnels. I am just wonting some more ideas for toys. What has worked well for you?

Thanks!

alex_23

Cavy Slave
Kiwi likes toilet paper rolls stuffed with orchard grass hay or fresh grass, cardboard boxes as hidey houses, fleece cozies, pvc tunnesls, and littler cat balls with bells inside to roll around.

cavycrazy123

Cavy Slave
Great suggestions, Alex! You could also cut up tissue boxes or shoe boxes, get piggy-safe branches or grass, stuffed animals (supervise them if they chew), or small paper bags with hay in them or holes. Have fun and be creative!:D

GuineaPigParty!

Cavy Slave
I tried the paper bag idea, i cut off the bottom and put it in his cage and he started chewing on it then he made a weird noise so I took it out. Then i did a Google search for how to speak guinea pig and found this thing that tells you what he is saying when he squeeks and it said squeeking means he is confused or curious like if you introduce a new toy or a new guinea pig or open the fridge. But, in the end i decided not to try the paper bag.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
I give my guys small paper bags on a fairly regular basis. One day I didn't have a small bag, so I gave them a big paper grocery bag. They had a ball. They were in and out of it, on it, over it, you name it.

Meeko

Cavy Slave
Occasionally I'll throw an full kleenex box into my pigs' cage and they have a ball! They don't really chew on the tissues or the box that much, but they really like pulling all the tissues out and scattering them everywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.