Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie as well

krystalmarie21

Cavy Slave
hello everyone. i'm a newbie to guinea pigs and hopefully i will be able to get my first pair from a shelter this weekend. i'm so excited i can hardly wait. how do i make a litter box and kitchen? i'm getting a C&C cage i think 27X50. i was hoping to let fleece down since i don't want a messy cage. how often do i clean the fleece? also if i get them timoth hay pellets do i need to get them the lose hay as well? i will be posting pics as soon as i get them. thanks so much for the help and advice

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums!

Please take note and read the stickies located at the top of each forum, they hold invaluable information.

Guinea pigs require unlimited amounts of grass hay. If the guinea pigs are babies or pregnant then this may be supplemented with alfalfa hay. The hay is so important as it not only files their teeth but also helps with their digestive system. Oxbow and Kleenmamas Hayloft are the recommended brands.

Check out Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig for more information.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.