Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Question on ramps!

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
Hello all.

Just a couple more days before i get the suplies for my C&C cage! I just have one more qustion!

I oringaly wanted to make my ramp from wood and two pannels but now that i see people using pipes and such, which is the best? Cheaper? Easyer? I have a hardware store down the street that i can get pipes etc etc whatever i realy need.

Asria

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
I have made several different types of ramps..

The first was a pvc pipe cut in half. It didn't work. It was very unsafe and not really big enough. I don't recommend this unless you have pigs that are small enough to fit through an uncut pipe. Even then, there are other ways..

Second one I had made was all wood. It worked great but got messy quick.

Third was one made of bent grids, I stopped using this after only a few times..

The forth, and current ramp is wood also. I cut coroplast to fit over it and then screwed it to the board. Its nice and sturdy as well as easy to keep clean. I added strips of clear textured tape width wise for traction. Its the best so far.

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
ty, I've been spending my days looking at photo on how to decorate and such for the cage. yay! and I've seen tons of different ramps and style of haylofts. I have a disorder that causes me to not feel comfortble untill the project is one of a kind so i'm looking forward to building onto the oringal cage and collecting fun things for the guineas.

So far I'm still stuck on a one of a kind ramp. I need something easy and cheap but safe and stylish. The ramp may even have to wait untill i get more money. Right now I'm concertrating on buying the cubs and boyish fleece. I may like pink and flowers but i don't think a male guinea would like girlie things. hehe

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.