Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Let me introduce myself

rhonda_j1954

Cavy Slave
Re: Member Names And Accounts

I am very happy to be here finally. Was having some trouble getting on with my user name and password. But it must have worked out just fine, cause here I am. Let me introduce myself. My name is Rhonda and I have been married for about 21 years. Have two children, daughter 19, and son 17. They have had guinea pigs when they were growing up. And I have always love guinea pigs.:love: So my daughter bought me one, one year for my birthday. I named him Gizmo, from the movie, " Grimlins". I had Gizmo for about a one year and a half. He was quite a nervous, but lovable little fella. When he wanted something he would rattle his cage. And when I had him out of his cage, sitting on the couch, he would give me little kisses. But the other day, a very sad thing happened. My little fella Gizmo, died. It broke my heart.:weepy: But because of my love for guinea pigs, I hope to have another one some day soon. But I will miss my Gizmo.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome Rhonda. You placed your thread in the wrong place so I moved it for you.

rhonda_j1954

Cavy Slave
Thank you VoodooJoint.:eek: Being that I am new, I am still learning my way around. I think I am going to like this forum. From what I have been able to check out already, you have some very interesting topics here. Even though I no longer have my little Gizmo, I still love guinea pigs. And one day I would love to have another one or two. Thank you for the welcome.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandra Green

Cavy Slave
Re: Member Names And Accounts

:) hello! I am so very sorry to hear about your little fella. My name is Sandra, I have a very sweet guinea pig whose name is Gizmo and was also name after the grimlin in the movie. Gizmo's is 4 months old and just makes my day. I just wish I could fine a way for him to stop begin so nervous. He comes to me when he is hungry and when I am acting like I am not paying him any attention he'll run around like a train.:eek: I would like to know everything I can get to know about Gizmo. If you do not mind, Can I write you back and ask some question. Please take care:)
I am very happy to be here finally. Was having some trouble getting on with my user name and password. But it must have worked out just fine, cause here I am. Let me introduce myself. My name is Rhonda and I have been married for about 21 years. Have two children, daughter 19, and son 17. They have had guinea pigs when they were growing up. And I have always love guinea pigs.:love: So my daughter bought me one, one year for my birthday. I named him Gizmo, from the movie, " Grimlins". I had Gizmo for about a one year and a half. He was quite a nervous, but lovable little fella. When he wanted something he would rattle his cage. And when I had him out of his cage, sitting on the couch, he would give me little kisses. But the other day, a very sad thing happened. My little fella Gizmo, died. It broke my heart.:weepy: But because of my love for guinea pigs, I hope to have another one some day soon. But I will miss my Gizmo.

rhonda_j1954

Cavy Slave
Hi Sandra ! And Welcome!
I too am rather new here. And yes you may PM me if you would like. Thank you for your kindness. It did break my heart when my Gizmo died. You would have thought it was death of a loved one. Well, then again, he was my little loved one.
But good news though, I did get another little piggie. Just bought her today. She is a little female, a baby about 7 months old. And I named her Hope. Because I was hoping to get another little piggie. I will never forget Gizmo. He was my first piggie, and very special to me. But I think I will love little Hope also.:heart:

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Welcom Rhonda!

Sorry to hear about Gizmo, it is heartbreaking to lose a loved one - human or otherwise. A little creature that we nurture and care for can sometimes be even harder to lose, as they are so innocent and completely reliant on us.

A new piggy can help the hurt of losing another. Before finding this site, I bought a guinea pig to be a companion for my bereaved piggy, Mary. This site taught me that there are alternatives to buying guinea pigs - that there are hundreds of gunea pigs i rescues and shelters who are just waiting for a good home. After a while, we adopted two other girls from a rescue, and now have a mini herd. All four girls are so happy, as guinea pigs are naturally sociable, they need the company of other pigs who speak their language!

It would really be worthwhile considering looking into adopting a friend for your new girl Hope. You will notice a huge difference in temperament and behaviour with two pigs!

There is so much great information on this site it is difficult to know where to start, but can I recommend this link as a good all round starting point:

https://www.cavyspirit.com/care.htm

rhonda_j1954

Cavy Slave
Thank you JarBax for your kind posting. I did go to that cavy site you mentioned. Most of the imfo. I already knew, but still found it imformative. Thank you for giving it to me. I would like to concider adopting another little female for Hope through a guinea pig rescue, but not sure if the is one up here in Alaska. We have an animal rescue for dogs, but not sure about guinea pig rescue. We did get our golden retriever through the animal rescue. I may have to check it out anyway to see if they may have a guinea pig rescue though. Maybe they might have one in Anchorage or Wasilla. If not, may have to end up getting Hopes little gal pal from a pet shop.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Whilst there may not be a piggy rescue in itself, if there is a pet shop locally selling guinea pigs, there are bound to be piggies needing new homes. Check out the local papers/vets/noticeboards - or place your own advert in these places, saying you are looking for a new piggy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.