Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Tilt Head

ilovpigs

Cavy Slave
:sad: I have a pig that has a tilted head...I was told that this is a nerological problem! Any one out there that has a piggie with the same?

He is a wounderful pig, much like regular pigs but a little less active and very quiet. His name is Vernin, and he was just sitting @ the pet store and know onw wanted him, I couldn't understand why, so I bought him for $10.00 and took him home..I didn't realize that there was something different about him until the next day when he wouldn't put his head normal....I love him so much and I would like to find out if there is some one that also has one as a pet family member, so that we can discuss them!...please get back to me...thanks!

:love: :love: :love: :love:

darklemur44

Cavy Slave
We noticed the same thing about our piggie last night actually. I've done some research online and its most likely an ear infection. It needs to be treated by a vet but make sure you do your research online as well. I've read conflicting reports about using antibiotics, as some are toxic/fatal to piggies. Best advice, read up about "wry neck" or "head tilt" online, become and expert and see a small animals vet. One webite I read indicated that you may have to treat the piggie for months on antibiotics so get it checked right away. Our appointment is in a few hours!

darklemur44

Cavy Slave
We noticed the same thing about our piggie last night actually. I've done some research online and its most likely an ear infection. It needs to be treated by a vet but make sure you do your research online as well. I've read conflicting reports about using antibiotics, as some are toxic/fatal to piggies. Best advice, read up about "wry neck" or "head tilt" online, become and expert and see a small animals vet. One webite I read indicated that you may have to treat the piggie for months on antibiotics so get it checked right away. Our appointment is in a few hours!

Edit: Also, see this thread - read the whole thing and it looks to be treatable:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...tilt-im-freaking-out.html?highlight=head+tilt

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Head tilts should absolutely go to a vet ASAP. It can be due to a lot of things, most very treatable. I believe Guniea Linx has a page on cavy-savvy vets... Here's the link. Guinea Lynx :: Finding a Veterinarian

darklemur44

Cavy Slave
Great, thank you! :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.