Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

anyone have any tips on different toys, beds and such for soon to be new Custom cage?

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
Hello!

I'm making a 2 by 3 to 4 foot custom cage and i want to know what homemade,etc things i could possible put in it?
I've been looking at different photos and all i can say is WOW. Where do you guys make/get thoese things!
At the moment i only have a little cat ball, a hay ball thingy, and i've been puting treats in a lunch baggie. He lives in a store bought so i don't have much room :(

So! Everyone please post how to make, different ideas, where to buy cheap and easy toys for my male and his new freind to come! I might even use them for my bunnys :) they realy like the bag of hay idea!

Asria

bunnys n pigs

Cavy Slave
Shoe boxes are a big hit with piggies! You can flip it upside down and cut a door in it for a fort or they can climb on top of it or hide or sleep in it.lol

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
Yeah problem is. We hardly ever buy shoes lol. So I'm going to be be looking out for yardsale items. When i build my C&C i will be able to put more things in the cage than the stupid store bought!

:"huggles everyone":

Thank you for responding! Try to get othe people to sign this like a poll for newbies like me. :p

Asria

buttons

Cavy Slave
I have a suggestion,

You could buy a plastic bowl from a dollar store, and cut a hole in it.
I use ice cream pails, those work great too, only the ice cream pails are a little thin so the guinea pigs might chew on it, I'm not sure if that is okay.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Boxes from cases of pop work great as hidey houses. As for toys, some piggies like small stuffed animals, mine likes to look at himself in a small bird mirror, bird toys with bells on them, baby key rings hanging from the cage. Alot of these things are not home made, but you can get them at the dollar store. Ooh a great toy is a toilet paper roll stuffed with hay, alot of piggies like that.

Daphne

Cavy Slave
eBay has great stuff. Search for "doll couch" or "bear furniture"....this is Daphne on her couch I just got. I also bought a matching chair with it and the total was only $18 with the shipping included:

Pigs N Blankets

Cavy Slave
First I would like to say, you're pig looks almost identical to mine!
and second, I have found that my guinea pigs really like toilet paper rolls, socks (stuffed with sawdust or not, used for pillow), and I also have a few bird toys such as a mirror with bell on it.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I have 2 mirrors in my cage that my pigs use occasionally. They are replacement visor mirrors that you can pick up at any auto parts store. Make sure to get the ones with 2 clips on the back. They slip easily over the wires on the cube grids. I also stuffed a couple of mismatched socks with hay and sewed up the ends. They will play with these from time to time. I usually find one tossed ontop of a pigloo. For tunnels, 4-6" PVC pipe works well as does old oatmeal cannisters with the bottom cut out and the label removed.

AnimalFarm2006

Cavy Slave
Lol yeah i noticed that! But i think brown,black, and white are common.

Thanks for everyons ideas. I am working on a couple at the moment. I'm looking for sofas at yardsales, and i'm using lunch bags for both bunnys and my guinea :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.