Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New here

Macha

Cavy Slave
Hi all,
I was pointed at this forum by Ly&Pigs due to an e-mail I sent asking about fresh food information. The fresh veggies chart is wonderfully helpful. I signed up because I have some questions regarding evacuations due to the fires in Southern California. As soon as I figure out where it should be posted, I'll ask away.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome, but do tell us more about you and your piggies. The cafe would probably be a good place for that post.

Fluffy_Guinea

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Make sure to take note of the sticky threads on the top of each subforum they are full of info! I'm also going to give you a few links that might help you out you might have seen them but just to be safe I'll give them anyway. First is a link to a page on links then a link to Kleenmama's hayloft the hay there is absulutely great from what I've heard (I don't have piggies yet but I'm getting some soon). I also heard it is cheaper then Oxbrow (another online hay site).Yes I would love to hear more about you and your piggies :).

PS. Pigtures are a must!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...ost-first.html

(broken link removed)

Macha

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the welcome. I'm not sure what to say about us(though, believe it or not, I'm an old hand at forums, it's been years since I've had to introduce myself at a new one.)
I live in SoCal and have two kids. We just added a piggy to our family. Unfortunately, I had not educated myself enough, so we had gotten Bashful from a pet store. I'm currently looking into having him see a vet to make sure he's healthy, but may have to wait til all the smoke dies down. Another reason I want him to be seen is we are not sure of Bashful's age. The place said a few months, but I think it would be better to be sure so I can find out if he should still be eating timothy hay. After we're sure he's healthy and I get a larger cage(first thing on the list), I'm going to look at getting him a friend from a rescue now that I know better.
I will be adding pigtures as soon as I can.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Here's a stickie written by one of our moderators on evacuation and disaster management with animals: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-guinea-pigs/19136-disasters-evacuations-animals.html

She went through Hurricane Katrina herself, so she has a valuable first-hand perspective on the subject.

The stickie is in the "About Guinea Pigs" section of the forum; you're welcome to ask any questions on the topic in that section.

I sure hope you're doing okay and that your animals are all okay as well. How scary and heartbreaking. Thoughts are with you. :)

camende

Cavy Slave
Hi Macha,

Welcome to the forum. I bought my first 2 piggies in a petstore before I knew any better. One of the petstore bought piggies was sick most of her short life. She lived only 1 year and she had heart problems almost her entire life. I was heartbroken when she died. Since those first 2 piggies, I have adopted 4 from a rescue here in Illinois and I have taken in 2 others whose previous owners either couldn't or didn't want to take care of them anymore. So, we have a lovely family of 7. I love it when I come home from work and they start jumping around and wheeking!...LOL...and I noticed the other evening that they can hear me get up off of the sofa. The mattress makes a slight noice and that is enough to get them wheeking!..LOL...the sofa is not even in their line of site but they definately know their momma!

Macha

Cavy Slave
Totally stupid question, but I can't seem to figure out where to find it(in spite of the fact that I should. I wanted to post pigtures of Bashful, but I have no clue what the size limit is(widthxheight.) Could someone point me to where I can find it or recommend a size? Thank you so much.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Here is my post on Resizing photos in Photobucket. This will tell you how to size your pictures and include them in your posts. Of course this is only for pc's and photbucket. If you use one of the other photo hosting sites or a mac, this won't help you.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Hey there and welcome to the forums. Can't wait to see pictures of your piggie.

Sugar

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here :)

Macha

Cavy Slave
Ok, I have one pigture of Bashful. He wasn't co-operating very much, so the others will have to wait.

My son decided to plop some hay in front of him, so sorry about that.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
But that hay makes for a very cute picture. What a cutie-pie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.