Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi newbie here

SheffCavyRescue

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I've just joined the forum. :cheerful:

I run a small scale guinea pig rescue in South Yorkshire, UK.

I have 2 boars of my own who are living seperately now after falling out with each other. One of them is 6 years old, the other 7 months old.

I currently have 4 rescue pigs looking for homes and another arriving tommorrow.

I house all piggies in either C+C grids or Nero4's. And recommend good cage sizes (at least 4x2) to potential owners.

I look forward to chatting with you all,

Nic

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Hey there and welcome to the forums. That great that you run a little rescue how is that? Pictures of your guys would be nice to see. So excately what happened? Falling out with eachother? Sorry didn't get it ever think of putting them together again? Haha, sorry for the questions but welcome to the forums again.

Fluffy_Guinea

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Make sure to take note of the sticky threads on the top of each subforum they are full of info. Oh I'm going to give you some links that may help you out if you haven't seen them. First is a link to Kleenmama's hayloft it is a great site to get hay off of and from what I have heard it is absulutely amazing and cheap. Then is a link to a page of links that might help you out if you haven't seen them. Anyway I hope you are enjoying the forum and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

(broken link removed)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/introductions/17032-newbies-please-read-post-first.html

Ps. Kudos to you for running a rescue and make sure to post some pigtures soon.

jabberwock

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm from Sheffield too - I was looking at your website the other day. Keep up the good work.

SheffCavyRescue

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm from Sheffield too - I was looking at your website the other day. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, the website's still a work it progress but I'm getting there, I added a piccy of 2 of the rescue piggies today. I'm so pleased with myself :cheerful:

SheffCavyRescue

Cavy Slave
Hey there and welcome to the forums. That great that you run a little rescue how is that? Pictures of your guys would be nice to see. So excately what happened? Falling out with eachother? Sorry didn't get it ever think of putting them together again? Haha, sorry for the questions but welcome to the forums again.

They were arguing for weeks, rumblestrutting, head lifting etc, then one evening Gus the younger one went for Bailey and he got a nip on his shoulder that drew blood so they were seperated then and I don't think they'd go back together now.

I feel really bad that they're on their own now. I've currently got a really laid back rescue boar called Frank that i might try to bond with Bailey. And Gus, I haven't decided yet. I wanted to get him neutered and find a sow for him but my hubby isn't keen on the idea of putting him through a GA.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.