Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Question in regards to male genitals!

lmg99

Cavy Slave
I will try and word this tactfully. I have noticed that our male pig seems to have "something" hanging out of his bottom area for the last couple of days and I don't think it is his genitals. I have gently touched it and it doesn't seem to bother him. He is pooping normally and I just wondered if this is normal. I have looked at guinea pig sexing pictures and what he has I have not seen on the pictures.

Any help would be appreciated as I am a first time pig owner.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Please only post threads once, for future reference. Thanks! =)

lmg99

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
Please only post threads once, for future reference. Thanks! =)
My apologies. My first post was in the Canada forum, and I wanted to reach out further because of my concerns!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
It's prefectly fine, you didn't know! Don't worry about it, it just gets confusing for all of us. You usually get more responses in the general forums. Thanks, and really it's fine.

tinkerbell

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
It's prefectly fine, you didn't know! Don't worry about it, it just gets confusing for all of us. You usually get more responses in the general forums. Thanks, and really it's fine.

I have the same question. I'm new to the whole guinea pig thing (i'm getting two males on Sat :) and i have a couple of questions about them.

i'm not sure if this is the right forum - sorry if it's not.
please answer
1)i've alot about swopping male piggers but i have no idea what the heck that is?

2)i'v been told by some that yo cant keep two male piggies together- even if they are brothers because when they reach sexual maturity they will still fight all the time- is it true?

3)is it a good thing to get them neutered- even if they will never be around females?

please could you answer these thanks - tinkerbell

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
tinkerbell said:
I have the same question. I'm new to the whole guinea pig thing (i'm getting two males on Sat :) and i have a couple of questions about them.

i'm not sure if this is the right forum - sorry if it's not.
please answer
1)i've alot about swopping male piggers but i have no idea what the heck that is?

ANSWER: Not sure what you're talking about here...sorry.

2)i'v been told by some that yo cant keep two male piggies together- even if they are brothers because when they reach sexual maturity they will still fight all the time- is it true?

ANSWER: It could happen, I had 2 male brothers who got along great at first, but then I had to seperate them. I know lots of other people who have more than one male together and they get along great. I think my 2 boars were both just very dominant.

3)is it a good thing to get them neutered- even if they will never be around females?

ANSWER: If they are not going to be around females then do not get them fixed. It wont change their behavoir or anything, and any type of operation on a guinea pig can cause potential health problems and even death...

please could you answer these thanks - tinkerbell

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.