Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not measuring worth beans....

mini'smama

Cavy Slave
Back in 2004, when my husband was getting ready to build our new pig cages, I told him that I wanted them to be a certain size. He built a pine frame that fitted firmly onto the top of a spare dining table that we had. He covered the flat surface of this frame with some of those "peel & stick" linoleum squares. Then, using a couple of boxes of cubes he created 4 cage compartments for our guinea pigs. I'd always thought that each compartment was a couple feet wide by about three feet long. Shows how much I know. Husband recently pointed out that he'd only made each cage a foot and a half wide by three and a half feet long.

The other night, husband removed one of the dividers and repositioned the remaining ones to go from having four cages on pig row to just having three wider cages on pig row. Each cage now really does measure two feet wide by three and a half long. I know that size is not quite up to the minimum listed size, but it is an improvement. (there is only one pig in each cage)

mini'smama

Cavy Slave
Just a side note, when I told my 80 yr. old grandmother that my husband had expanded the cages, she said, "It's about time. Those other cages were really narrow." :p

Who'd have thought that she'd have even noticed?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.