Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Here's my first C&C cage... opinions welcome!

miamikiwi25

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone... I just finished about a week ago building my first C&C cage for my piggie Bonita. It is a 2x4 on a base of 9 cubes connected completely with cable ties. The connectors that came with it were utterly crap, so I decided to do away with them.

I had originally wanted a base of 3 cubes high on all 4 corners, but my math abilities were lacking me, and I didn't have enough grids, so this is what it is.There isn't much in there now, just water, food dish, pigloo, paper towel tube, and a dish for veggies; with fleece bedding. I am going to the pet store today to hopefully find some more toys, and I guess I just need general advice and opinions on everything. Does the cage look stupid? (it's in my living room, hehe... it's where we spend the majority of the time) What other toys and treats can I get for her to play with? And as for stability, it is hooked into the wall at 2 spots, so it will not tip, unless I climbed up there myself or something, but my lovely 8 month old kitty (and probably the other one too, who is over a year) has figured out how to climb on top, i'm assuming from jumping from something nearby. What should I do to keep the top from caving in?

Here are a couple pictures right after I moved her in of her in her cage and my boyfriend standing next to the cage, to show the height. (he's short... bout 5'9)

tamnjo

Cavy Slave
I can't see the pictures:(

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Sorry, the pictures were deleted from the gallery because they were too dark to be seen clearly. We only allow useful, clear and appropriate cage photos in the gallery. You can either retake the pictures with better lighting or upload them to photobucket and repost the pictures here in a thread.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.