Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2 rescue piggies I just got in. *PICS!*

newpiggiemama

Cavy Slave
Poor piggies, they have no idea what veggies are..poor piggies. I have been trying for 2 days now, hopefully they will catch on soon. They are both female, definitally. And VERY pretty! They have not tryed to bite me, but they HATE being outside their igloo. Here they are, enjoy! Oh and I also added a pic of the ones piggies nails. I guess their owner never cut her nails and now they are terrible! Im gonna take her to the vet to get them cut, but can anyone give me any advice on this? Like will it be painful for her..and she does need them cut right? I have a question, I just cant seem to put it in words...sorry, hehe.

ortal

Cavy Slave
Aww they are simply adorable. Thanks for shareing!

deathnotronic

Cavy Slave
Aww! They are so adorable. I don't think my boys should see them or they'll try to hump the screen.

newpiggiemama

Cavy Slave
HAHA!! To funny!! They are quite stunning!!

wheeky-UK

Cavy Slave
They are little beauties!

As for the nail problem, they are really long! They do need cutting but you need to be very careful, because the pink part of the nail (quick, with all the blood vessels) will actually go further down the nail making it impossible to cut them to the right length in one cut. You need to gradually cut the "white" nail so it makes the quick receed back up the nail. Can take quite a while to do this.

newpiggiemama

Cavy Slave
I couldnt do it myself. I will have to take her to the vet. They freak out even when they see me. LOL, I know the pictures say diffrent but it took me 2 days to get them to stay still near me.

wheeky-UK

Cavy Slave
If your not comfortable doing it then yeah its best you take them to the vet. They will be able to show you how to do it for the future. :)

Kerry

Cavy Slave
Aaaaww! They're adorable, congrats! Yikes on the nails though! I thought my Molly's were bad when I cut em last night but those make me feel like a much better owner! LOL I hate cutting nails and since one of Molly's feet is black it's even more stressful to me.

Kerry

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
The girls are precious. You're right about their nails. Taking them to the vet would be the best idea if you're not comfortable with it.

Guinea_Piggin

Cavy Slave
They're gorgeous! Congratulations on your new fur babies! For the nails I'd bring them to the vet if you're not comfortable doing it, like Wheeky-UK suggested. You're lucky it only took 2 days for them to get used to you. It took Twizzler over 2 weeks to get used to me moving around the room, even with Oliver "showing him" it's okay.

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
Gorgeous, gorgeous girls! I love them and am glad you rescued them!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Cuteness. And the black and white one looks like my boy Ralphie. Cute and I'm glad there in a good home now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.