Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chins Chinchillas

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Since last week, I have taken in 3 Chinchillas because they were unwanted. Gideon and Cloud's owners thought that they would be a cuddly lap pet to own, I guess they didn't do their research. They are a bonded male pair and are young. Gideon is 6 months old and Cloud is 5 months old. Dispite not being handled very much, they are friendly and I can handle them. They hadn't been being cared for and were in desparate need of a dust bath. Cloud is a pinkwhite chin and Gideon is a dark standard and they are goofy boys.
(broken link removed)
click the picture

The next chin is a sad case. I had recieved a email about this Black Velvet female that was in desparate need of a new home. The owners did not want her anymore because she was a biter. Their child would poke at her and tease her. I suspect she has neurological problems. The owners went to a rescue person and requested for someone to take her or he was going to give her to a breeded, who was going to breed her. After recieving this email, the next morning I took the drive to save her. She is now with me where she won't have to live a life of misery. I don't know what her original name is but I have named her Gypsy.
(broken link removed)

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I love Chins but they are one of the few animals that I have never owned. How can people find it acceptable for their children to be cruel??? Is it that they are not taught or are the kids reacting to the animals beacuse of their own learned behaviors? Errgggg...anyways, the three are beautiful. My gosh you have your hands full!!!

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
HTG, I don't understand how parents allow for their children to do what they do when it comes to their pets. My kids have always been around animals and were taught from the day they were born how to treat and respect animals. Gypsy had to live this life of being teased for about a year or so and with it came a lifetime of emotional scars. She does not like being touched or handled and will bite if given the chance. I had her in the bathroom yesterday for a dusting and she had no problems bouncing all over me, I was covered in dust because of it. Everytime I gave her a soft touch she would run from me, but she would come back. I think with some time, parients and a whole lot of TLC she can enjoy human companionship.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.