Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia How much do you pay for corflute in sydney?

staphjermz

Cavy Slave
Hi there,
I am trying to get some corflute but i am unsure what is cheap and what is expensive. I asked sign king in parramatta and they quoted me for 2400 x 1200 x 5mm white sheet would cost me 75 dollars. Is this a rip off? I am wondering what is the cheapest you have bought corflute for so i have a rough idea so i do not get ripped off

linda_chicha

Cavy Slave
I got mine 180cm x 120 x 5cm for $18.50. But I'm in Brisbane.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
I get it free at bunnings, it comes in between pavers :)

staphjermz

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much katt. I should ask bunnings. it would make life cleaning so much easier. At them moment i do not have corflute as the base of the cage so i get poo all over the place :p i shall ask tommorow. Thanks so much. Appreciate it

raspberryruffle

Cavy Slave
I went to Bunnings too but they didn't have any available for me at the time, so I went to Amber (paving people) and they had heaps of it in a pile at the back of their complex. Just help yourself they said so I did - no cost as they just throw it away!! I will go back there if and when I need to renew the corflute. I got that idea from KathrynJ who posted before.
Kind Regards, kathy

staphjermz

Cavy Slave
this is great:) i shall look for Amber paving place. Thanks. Is that the place where the ad is like "amber has the answer" i hope i am thinking of the right shoplol now i can't wait to look for free corflute rather than pocketing 75 dollars

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
It is thinner and sometimes is scratched and stuff, and you don't get to pick the colour, but it is free!

Just go into the garden section where the pavers are, normally I find it behind the pavers, or stacked up somewhere out there, then collect it and find an employee and ask can I take this.

Last time I got some the guy said he had heaps of it, he would put it outside the collection gates for me to come and pick up in my car!!!!

staphjermz

Cavy Slave
hi, i went to bunnings today but they did not have any. The staff i asked had no idea what corflute was so one of them asked another guy and he said no.I hope it was a genuine no not a i dont know no. I shall check ambers tomorrow. Hopefully i will have more luck

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
Don't ask them, most of the time they never find what it is I want, be it grids, coro, whatever, I have to physically take myself to the garden section where the pavers are, and seek them out. Often they are lying behind the pallets of pavers or bricks, or sometimes a bundle of them somewhere around the outdoor garden section. You find them first, then ask, they are usually more than happy to save a walk to the bins with them!

staphjermz

Cavy Slave
Thanks raspberryruffle and Thanks Kathrynj for your responses. Today i had luck at Ambers:) I am delighted. Best of all i saved a lot of money because it is free :) I aslo managed to get a lot of corflute and alos bought some paver blocks from Ambers for 60c each. Which is cheap:) so now my cages won't be wet under the leaking bottles. I'm feeling esctactic. Thanks so so so much!:cheerful:

raspberryruffle

Cavy Slave
That's OK - isn't it great when you get a bargain!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.