Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Messy Rabbit

gurlangel16

Cavy Slave
One of my rabbit keeps tipping over his litterbox. I currently have the corner one that hooks on to the side. I have also tryied a bigger square one. It doesn't matter if his litter box is clean or dirty, he still knocks it over. Does anyone have any suggestions?

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
get a bigger litter box if possible! My neighbor had the same problem so he took the out the litter box and that ruined everything! She did her buisness all over the wooden cage and then my neighbor had to get a new cage. Once he got his new one(the same cage model, just new) he put a bigger litterbox and it worked wonders on the little bunny! It was to heavy to be moved so she couldn't lift it and it was bigger so she would go into the litter box to sit! once she was already in it why not do her buisness in there? lol...well anyway, glad to help!

charliesangel88

gurlangel16

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
You could poke some holes through close to the top then thre some wire(so he doent chew on it)and tie it to the side of the cage. You could do it in a corner to make doubly sure it cant be flipped.

lchap87

Cavy Slave
I had the same problem with my last rabbit. I had to use a large patch of velcro to the bottom of the litter box and the cafe floor. It worked wonderfully. I hope this helps.

~Laura

Katie

Cavy Slave
We had the same problem. We ended up finding an old 5 lb weight to put in the bottom. She hasn't tipped it since. If you have a larger bunny (shes a dwarf) than a 10 lb weight would be better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.