Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cc cages

• Thread starter charliesangel88
  • Start date

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
Hello, I was directed here by a friend in another message board because I needed a new cage. I didn't have that much money to spend but I wanted a large cage. I took a look through all the cages in the photo section and fell in love with the cage style. I just have a few questions though: where did everyone get their grids? And is there an alternative to the coroplast(or whatever its called, sorry!)?

thanks for your help!

piggylover101

Cavy Slave
Um an alternative for Coroplast is Linolium, you can purchase Coroplast at a sign store. If you live in the US then you can most likely get some of those big political signs and use them in your cage. Um the grids can be purchased at Target, Fred Meyer, Staples, Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond, Linen and Things, and many other places.

piggylover101

Cavy Slave
Oh I also need to add, that Walmart and Kmart (Kmarts grids are a different size so you have to measure your self when cutting the coroplast) carries cubes aka grids.
Target always has their cubes on sale like once a month. They usually go on sale for $9.99(sometimes $11) for 23 grids, and 24 (+ 2 extra) connectors. Um the regular price for them is $14.99 at target.

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
also, one more thing: when you have the large connectors like you do when you get the 14" grids from costco how do you make doors? I Built my cage yesterday and I'm really stumped! I saw in pictures that It could be done with the connectors I think but I really don't know how. Please help!

thanks

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
They actually don't use those connectors they use cable ties as hinges so the door (s) can open.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=824&password=&sort=1&cat=530&page=1

See this it is very explanatory
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=309&password=&sort=1&cat=530&page=1

And this is a rabbit cage that has a cable tie door.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1049&password=&sort=1&cat=531&page=2

(the door is on the bottom where the grids our on the outside)

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Oh cable ties can be purchased any where. Home Dept, Lowes, and lots of places.

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
thanks, I'll take a look at those links as soon as i'm done here!

thanks for everybodys help!!!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
ok! Have a great time making doors lol. Glad I could help! Welcome to the forums!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Great, hope they help!!!

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I will have to try those ASAP!!! I had him in the cage and I closed the door with a heavy wooden block and I tried the door to the cage with strong rope like material. I kissed him goodnight and he seemed tierd enough that he would not make much of a mess. When I woke up in the morning I went down to the room where his cage is and found that he had chewed through the rope, moved the block, opened the door, and was running loose! I was so releived that I had remembered to close the door the night before! I have two dogs that don't really get along with him if you know what i'm saying! Yikes! Well, thanks for all that advice! I will use it as soon a I can!!

thanks again!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
hehehehe naughty bunny! I guess he had a fun night running around. Yep good thing you closed the door!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.