PDA

View Full Version : Second Story?

I<3MyBabies
09-11-07, 07:48 pm
Hey guys,

Well, my mom saw a picture of the 2-story cages when I was showing her some pictures on the forum. She thought it would be really cool to have their kitchen, as a loft, and the rest as running/sleeping area. But I have my concerns...

A second story takes away from their actual space, correct?

Also, my loacl rescue does NOT allow 2-story cages for the sole reason of safety. They state they are unpredictable and unstable. If I DO add another level, I want to make sure it is SAFE! No squished piggies :eek:

One more - I have an L-shaped 2x5, divided 2x3 cage for my 3 females, 1 male. What would be the best way of adding a scond loft that would be divided, but both could use? Any ideas...if that's not clear, I am thinking a singular loft, that is accessible to both the females, and the male, but that is stil divided.

Here's my current set-up...

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x206/HeidiL_photo/?action=view&current=IMG_4528.jpg

Thanks! :heart:

wickedrodent
09-11-07, 09:02 pm
Id say to make a 2x3 or 2x4 in between of the boy and girls cages. The girls could have one larger (2x2) and the boy could either have a 1x2 or 2x2 as well. I have a loft, and its.. ok. Im not the biggest fan, but that might be because its really small..I recommend a 2x2 or larger for each.

Maisiepaisie
09-12-07, 03:30 am
If you don't want it so big you could have a 1x2 in each. I would put a 1x2 across the end of the girls cage where it joins the boys and a 1x2 across that end of the boys cage in the same way, so the loft is in an L shape.