Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Uri?

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Ive had my girls since July 14th (Almost 2 months) and they have been great, perfectly healthy. A few times over the last 2 months Ive heard a weird sound coming from the cage.. I cant really describe it.. Not wheezing.. but a chocking sound maybe.. almost like something was being moved in the cage. The first few times I heard it, I thought they must be moving the litterbox.. (it only happened.. maybe 2 times, and always when they were eating)

Today, however, I was standing by the cage while the ate, and heard it. Scared the crap outta me. No one was moving anyhing.. I dont know if they made the noise or not, but it seems so. Im so confused, and scared.

I honestly haven't had time to build up the pig vet fund up again (Before secret passed away I used it to take her to the vet), and wont be able to get them to a vet until the end of the month, since that is when I get my paycheck. They have no other symptoms from what I can tell.. no other wheezing/coughing or discharge from nose or eyes. Anyone know what is going on!?

dixiedoo4736

Cavy Slave
One of your pigs may have just choked on a piece of food. My guinea pig does that occasionally. They make a loud almost coughing sound. Keep an eye on it but I would only be worried if your pig does it continuously. good luck

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
My little girl who is about 2 months old doesn't really know how to wheek yet. When she talks it is really airy with a really quiet squeak mixed in. It really scared me until I figured out she was just happy to see me, no other signs of something being wrong.

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
One of your pigs may have just choked on a piece of food. My guinea pig does that occasionally. They make a loud almost coughing sound. Keep an eye on it but I would only be worried if your pig does it continuously. good luck
My pigs have done that occasionally too.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Oh, ok good. Thank you all so much. Ill be keeping an eye and ear open.. hopefully it was just a weird type of squeak or something.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.