Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Presidential Elcetion????

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win? Share HERE! But keep it civilized....lol

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Definitely Bush. It's down to our wonderful state of Ohio now.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Bush!!!!!!! He better win, but I think he has anyway. woohoo

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I wanted Kerry to win.

*depressed*

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Bush all the way baby. He can finish what he started and he knows what he is doing to our country. Also Bush cares about everyone including our enemies. Kerry on the other hand him and his wife like to bad mouth people when election is going on. Bush and his wife never bad mouth anyone. Im from Pgh and thats where hinez kerry is from and I dont like her. Bush fan here.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Bush all the way. I'm so happy he won

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I'm not. You guys WANT to drill in Alaska, disregard the UN, and go attacking people? Whatever, I mean you're entitled to your opinion and all. Gay marriage? Let them do it if they want. Keep America free for ALL. The same goes for abortion. I don't see howall these males can say too much about it, they don't really have to do anything with it. What if you were raped? Oh, nope, sorry, you have to have it, no matter that you're 12. Whatever.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Well I wanted Bush to win!!! But I thought Kerry was going to win, I gues this just proves I am not pyschic lol.
Um I have to say I don't want gay people to marry, but thats just me.
And I don't think partial birth abortion should be right. I think some abortion is ok but not partial birth the baby is too mature. The regular abortion is sort of ok where you have the abortion before the baby is 3 months as long as it must be done for a health risk to the mother or what mncavylover mentioned above. Otherwise just have the baby and give it up for adoption. And I think it is wrong too use babies for research no matter how much it will help the sick later on. If the babies didn't have to die then that would be fine, but they do and it is wrong to kill babies for Stem Cell Research.
But I definantly don't want Alaska drilled or the UN disregarded. I don't think we should be at war, but its a little late for that.
Um but I think Bush needs to finish what he started. We need to trust him.
And ya I got to say I didn't like Kerry much or his wife. He spent too much time critizing Bush. But Kerry was a good speaker, a very good one.
But if Kerry won I would have been fine with it, I am sure he would have been a good president.

GuineasGalore

Cavy Slave
Babies don't have to nessisarily be aborted, first there's birth control, second the day after pill third adoption.

Anyways, If i was american i wouldn't have voted for kerry because his policies are worse for Canada
gay marrage, in my opinion, it's just wrong.

But hey i don't really like either of them, in my opinion your just choosing the lesser of two evils

I just don't understand how america can be a true democracy with only two politcal parties and one independant (of course no one's going to vote for Ralph Nater anyway because it doesn't really help anyone)

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I dont like same sex marriages at all and I dont believe in abortions at all. If you do believe in abortions then your wrong because your killing a beautiful life also people who go around having sex thats their problems because they should have thought about it before they did it.

Guinea pig guy
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Ya abortions are wrong. But I could understand if you were 12 and raped or something and it was a major a health risk. But usually it is your own fault, and you need to face the consequences. I think personally if you have abortion you are killing the most innocent sweet life ever. It is just wrong. I didn't want to get into it too much because beliefs and politics can start a lot of fights.
Ya its pretty awesome that he (Bush) won! At least Kerry accepted that he lost, the last election Al Gore went and made a fool of him self.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I voted for Kerry. Too bad he lost but I’m willing to move on. Here’s a few issues that need to be cleared up though.

Stem cell research does NOT kill babies. Stem cells are cells that haven’t decided what they are going to be yet. Therefore it hasn’t even decided it will be a baby yet. For stem cell research a human egg is taken. The nucleus is replaced with the nucleus from another person’s ordinary DNA. At the time the cells begin dividing...before those cells have decided whether they will be an ear, a nose, a heart, lungs, etc...they are influenced to grow in a particular manner to become what is desired...whether it’s bone marrow for a child with leukemia, brain cells for a hydrocephalus baby or liver cells for a grandfather with renal failure. Please research before jumping to conclusions or blindly believing what you are told.

Abortion, in my opinion, is a woman’s right...no matter what the circumstances. The VAST majority who are against it take that stance because "it is against God’s will". God gave us free will. We have the choice to decide between heaven and hell. Go ahead and allow someone to exercise the free will God gave is. You can believe they are going to hell but it’s their choice. For the record I do not agree with unnecessary partial birth abortions and I believe it should not be used as birth control...but I don’t believe I have the right to force other people to comply with me.

Kerry criticized Bush because he felt Bush was wrong. Bush criticized Kerry in the same manner. Don’t be so one sided that you are blind to the truth. Criticism is what you do when you want to point out mistakes. What was Kerry (or Bush) supposed to do? Say, "Oh Hey, this is a GREAT guy. He’s doing everything right, but vote for me anyway cause I’m a GREAT guy too! "

Not wanting to allow gays to marry. Hmmm, maybe we were wrong to free slaves...and then GASP allow them to attend our schools, vote and own property! Gee, maybe we should rethink women voting. While we are at it let’s put Brittany Spears in jail for getting married and divorced within THE SAME DAY!!! Now there is a REAL threat to society. Maybe it’s also a good idea to not allow people to divorce at all. After all it is a Sacrament from God. Marriage is sacred and we must preserve it...yeah THATS the ticket.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
I agree, abortion is a touchy topic and if I were to accidently get pregnant (whether raped or not) I'd want the choice to keep the baby or not. I can't say which one I'd do I don't know I'm not in that situation. I think gays should be able to get married just like straight people, the world and society is forever changing. If America was really the place of freedom for all-then gay marriage would be legal.

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
I agree completely with Voodoojoint. How can anyone think stem cell research kills babies? Get your facts straight. Now stem cells are being extracted from umbilical cords AFTER the woman gives birth! It is completely safe and healthy since what is in the umbilical cord and seen as waste to the body, but it's heavily rich in stem cells so it can be preserved for research. And again, stem cells are taken from the eggs of women who chose to donate them or sell them to a bank that houses them. Statiscally a large percentage of the eggs are never used so they are thrown out. It is those eggs and ONLY those eggs that researchers can use for research so that it harms no one. And what's wrong with gay marriage?! It's not like YOU have to marry them! You don't think it's right? Well there are still people in this country who find inter-racial marriage wrong, and the fact that blacks get the right to vote a downright failure to the constitution. Glad they didn't have it their way. And as for abortion, please explain to me what is so beautiful about a child, who was a FLAT OUT mistake? What is so lovely about a teen mother who made a mistake ( Like NO ONE makes a mistake when you're a teenager) realizing her life is over with, and she has a child now that she has NO IDEA what to do with. As much as you say " Adoption is the answer", adoption centers are getting over run with children who are not wanted. I'm also positive that if it weren't for abortion, the United States would be facing an overpopulation problem and higher amounts of poverty as seen in other countries. And in China the government advocates abortion because they were sick of finding dead babies clogging up sewers and dumpsters all over the country.And I live in texas where I volunteer in a women's center helping women ( and lots of young girls) who face abuse, poverty, and unwanted pregnancies. I would say that the girls just have bad judgement, but sadly that's not the entire case. The fact is, in my area of Texas it is against the law for a sex education Teacher to talk about any type of contraception except Abstinence. If they even MENTION the words Birth Control or condoms that as seen as grounds for expulsion. I wasn't surprised to find out that it was a conservative republican agenda that made this law. In the end, if republicans don't want abortion at least advocate the use of condoms and birth control as a means of contraception, besides Abstinence. And with Texas having the highest teenage pregnancy rate than any other state, I think it's necessary. Oh and in case you couldn't figure out, I wanted Kerry to win.

Last edited:

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
perfectly said Miss Piggy! and yes Kerry should of won!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Ok I am sorry I got my facts wrong about the Stem cell research. Excuse me for making a mistake.
Whatever. I am glad you like the thought of killing a poor helpless baby. Most of the time you could have prevented getting pregnant. Oh so adoption Agencies are overflowing, then why did my cousin have to go to Romania to adopt a baby because there was none she could adopt in the US?
Thats great that you want gays to marry, I don't, but again it varies from person to person. Depending on your beliefs and religion. I am sorry. So you wanted Kerry to win, ok I understand. This whole thread was a bad idea everyone is going to start fighting. So I am leaving.

Last edited:

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
I'm not responsible for why your cousin couldn't find a baby to adopt in the United States. But I wasn't leaving adoption center problems to strictly cute newborn babies either. I was also including children of all ages left in those centers because no one wants them since they're not babies anymore. Usually everyone overlooks and scoffs at the idea of adopting children older than 2. I guess they lose their innocence and beauty as soon as they start to walk. Poor things, and so many people out there say life is beautiful too! I guess a newborn babies beauty and innocence is so much more appealing, that people can't help themselves and leave these defenseless children behind as they fly off to all corners of the world so they can pay 3 times the amount it would take to adopt a seven year old in the USA, fly from that foreign country, and then have the AUDACITY to COMPLAIN that there aren't needy enough children in this country for them.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
I dont think religion really has anything to do with whether you think gays should be able to marry. I was brought up Catholic, and I think gay marriage should be legalized. Everyone deserves the same rights to life, whether your gay/straight, young/old, and male/female.I can understand why people don't want it legalized, but really who are we to impose our beliefs on others? We all have the freedom to marry who ever we want, as long as we are marrying the opposite sex? that just seems ridiculous to me. who is being hurt by Gay marriage? I'd love to know.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Miss Piggy said:
I'm not responsible for why your cousin couldn't find a baby to adopt in the United States. But I wasn't leaving adoption center problems to strictly cute newborn babies either. I was also including children of all ages left in those centers because no one wants them since they're not babies anymore. Usually everyone overlooks and scoffs at the idea of adopting children older than 2. I guess they lose their innocence and beauty as soon as they start to walk. Poor things, and so many people out there say life is beautiful too! I guess a newborn babies beauty and innocence is so much more appealing, that people can't help themselves and leave these defenseless children behind as they fly off to all corners of the world so they can pay 3 times the amount it would take to adopt a seven year old in the USA, fly from that foreign country, and then have the AUDACITY to COMPLAIN that there aren't needy enough children in this country for them.
Hmm lets see my cousin did adopt one child (age 5) from the US a little boy. Sweetest little guy. Then she got pregnant and had pregnancy toxcimia (sp). And lost her baby. She extremely sad, so she decided she would adopt a baby (hence baby to fill the place of her lost baby). She couldn't find one in the US. So she flew to Romania. But no you judge her.... Whatever, I can't belive you people..

And gays can marry just not legally. And gays marrying has nothing to do with women voting or slavery. Lets see they have their own TV shows, their own bars, they don't have to hide what they do. But no thats not enough they have to make it ok for them to marry.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.