Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Great Feed Store!

dixiedoo4736

Cavy Slave
I went to one of my local feed stores yesterday to buy my shavings (they sell them in bulk). I ventured down the small animal aisle and was tickled pink to see that they had oxbow feed! They had timothy hay, orchard grass, pellets, etc. I was so excited because now I can switch from Mazuri to Oxbow and it's closer to my home. The piggies are gonna be happy :cheerful: .

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Gooody! I am yet to find an oxbow supplier where I live.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thats awesome, I had got my hopes up about buying oxbow with the store locator but I called the stores and only one of them actually had it and they only have hay, the next closest store is an hour and a half away :( .
Is it a chain of feed store if so which one, maybe there'll be one near my hosue.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Oh boy are you lucky! I do have a store near me that sells it, but it's WAY too expensive. Make sure it's not more expensive to buy it at the store than to buy it in bulk online (even with shipping). :)

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
What store did you go to?

My favorites are Goldentails, Stapley and Treats Unleashed. None of them sell animals and they all have animals for adoption from local shelters.

dixiedoo4736

Cavy Slave
I live in the village of Hamburg and the feed store is called Clyde's Feeds. I checked and rechecked the prices and they are the same as online, some just a dollar more. I am so excited but have to wait until I get some money so I can spoil the piggies rotton! lol

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Dont rely on just the Oxbow site to locate a store that sells it. There are a few places near me that arent on there but they do sell the Oxbow products - try calling small animal and exotics vets too. Also, I think the word is out as more and more places are beginning to carry it now.

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Wow, that is awesome! I'm having to pay hefty s&h and order online like many others, so you are so lucky!! Congrats!

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's great! You don't happen to now how far out that is from Rochester, do you? If the cost of buying gas to get there is cheaper than the shipping charged on Oxbow's site (which is likely), you can bet I'll be buying it there from now on! My vet sell it, but only in small quantities so I don't save any money. I really need to penny pinch now, I just lost my rommate on extremely short notice and I'm completely broke. :melodrama

dixiedoo4736

Cavy Slave
Hamburg is about an hour and a half from Rochester. I'm not sure if you'd be saving any money driving than shipping or not though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.