Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hair removers

AmberEyedPiggy

Cavy Slave
I just did a research on cleaning the fleece, and I got tons of ways how to get the hair out of the fleece. So here it is.

1.This is a way I like. Get an old or new towel, big or small, no matter, wash it, and when it is wet, soak it with 2-3 teaspoons of fabric softener (Lenor or something like that).

2.Get a beach slipper and rub it against and not against the fleece.Then absorb it with a vacuum cleaner.
Beach_Slipper.jpg

3.Get tons of rubber bands,put it on your hand or a tube and rub the fleece with it.I don't know if this works, just thought that would be a good idea.
4.Get a rubber glove, wet it a little and rub it against the fleece. Try not wetting it too.
5.Get a rubber eraser and rub the fleece with it.
6.Get emery paper and run over with it the fleece gently.
7.Get a tube and wrap it with isolation tape so the sticky side would be on the top.Roll it. It is a lot like the rollers some use.
8.Get an old tooth brush, it has to be a hard one, and rub it through the fleece hardly and gently.

I prefer using several of the, especially the 1st and the 8th one.I haven't tried all of them, so I don't know if all of them work.I tried the 1st, 3,4th,5th,7th and 8th ones. I liked all of them, so it's worth trying.It doesn't cost much ether, and if your washers are not very "sensitive", they all will work.:eek:ptimist:
If it is, or you are just alergic to the hair, the toothbrush is the best choice with the softener. All of them work on furniture (I'm not so sure about the 4th and 2nd ones).
Hope these ways will help you and save you some money.:melodrama

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Some good ideas there AmberEyedPiggy! thank you for sharing!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.