Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramp trouble....

sparkyisnumber1

Cavy Slave
I have added a second level to my boys cage, but I have no idea what to lay down for the ramp. Right now we have the cloth down but they cant seem to get a grip on it. Any ideas what I could use to help them get up it?

CavyHubby

Cavy Slave
I have added a second level to my boys cage, but I have no idea what to lay down for the ramp. Right now we have the cloth down but they cant seem to get a grip on it. Any ideas what I could use to help them get up it?

I used a piece of new carpet. I have also seen people use shower matts as well.

Safe Journies
Samuel

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Carpet, towels, fleece, glued pieces of wood (make sure it's dry so there's no fumes), non-skid mats...experiment with different materials. Also, make sure the ramp isn't too steep for the lil' guys. :)

sparkyisnumber1

Cavy Slave
Alright. I'll be going to Walmart tonight to see if i can find some of those things. Right now though my boyfried went out and bought this kitten tunnel and put it in the ramp. But Sparky cant get up there, but Cosmo can. So I have to find something before Sparky gets to mad.....

JennG

Cavy Slave
I used bent grids with a piece of coroplast ziptied to the grids. Then I put a small rag rug that you can get from Walmart for about 80 cents. I used binder clips to hold the rug on. This way if they pee on it, I can remove it and wash it.

You can kind of see it in this picture.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
I used a piece of a carpet which I cut up to fit my ramp. My ramp is made up of a plank of wood which I got from a hardware store. Using the left over wood I cut the railings (they are probably 8cm high) and attached them with angle brackets. I attached the carpet using sticky velcro strips, usually I just vacuum the poops off, but every once in a while I rip the carpet off and wash it with the 50% vingar, 50% water solution.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.