Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I was thinking about getting a rabbit(yeah I know I think about getting a different animal every week but I really want a rabbit). And I plan on making it a house rabbit sorta it wont be loose with the cat but on a leash. So I don't really need a cage except when I'm not home. So I was wondering if I should build a c&c cage for it and how big it should be. Or if I could use my old guinea pig cage if it was just for night time.The cage is about 32" x 20" x 17" on the inside.Here's the picture of it. First the companies picture
Cage
, then a picture I took(ignore the mess I had just moved the pigs out when I took that picture)
Cage
. It's pretty big. Just big enough for a rabbit to sleep in a night. Does anyone think I should use it or make a costom cage? And if anyone has advice on how to get my parents to let me get a rabbit it's welcome. I have space and time and I can save up the 130 dollars about that I need. I plan to keep the cage in my huge closet with one of the doors open when im not home.Thanks for the help.

I was looking at the shelter where I want to get a rabbit from and they acutally have some in 2x3 grid cages without the coroplast.So I might make one to put in my closet or somewhere else in the house.It would only be 15 dollars to make so yeah.

I was thinking about buying some grids and making a 2 story 1x3 on something with wheels so it can be moved, or I think the most time saving would be to use the old pig cage and make a little pen of grids with some ledges for the bunny to jump on.

Thanks.What I think I'll do is have her in the cage with a litter box and food and water and then make a fold away play pen thats bunny and cat proofed so she can have some freedom and still be safe when I'm not home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.